Here are some dumb facts to look forward to in this week’s game:
- “Tampa Bay” is Spanish for “God’s Waiting Room.”
- The Buccaneers changed their logo in 1996 when the knife in the original Pirate’s mouth actually cut off his jaw.
- In the loss to the Bengals, if the Bills had scored on every drive, they would have never punted.
- In an attempt to attract a younger population to the area, the city is pondering changing it’s name to Tampa Bae. #millenials
- Upon the death of original owner Hugh Culverhouse, the team was almost purchased and moved to Baltimore, where they would have been called the Baltimore Bay Buccaneers.