NOVEMBER 5, 2017
The Charlottesville Buffalo Bills Backers has now transitioned from “Fan Club” to “Support Group” for the remainder of the season.
Group steps listed below.
1. We admitted we were powerless over the Bills — that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than wings and weck can restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the Food Network on Sundays.
4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our Bills gear and then burned it all.
5. Admitted to the Football god(s), to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of just how we became Bills fans, where we were during “The Comeback”, and where we stood on the Flutie vs. Johnson debate, and promptly scoffed anyone who disagreed with us.
6. Were entirely ready to have the Football god(s) remove a vital organ if only He/She/They would deem this team worthy of sustained relevancy for at least 10 years… ok… 30. Screw it… most if us would accept a win IN Foxboro this December.
7. Humbly asked Him/Her/Them to remove WGR550 Radio listening app from our phones. and begged Him/Her/Them to simply remove Shchopp, Bulldog and Jerry Sullivan from this planet!
8. Made a list of all folding tables we had harmed, and became willing to mend them all.
9. Made direct amends to such tables wherever possible, except when to do so would tempt us to smash them again, or engage in other questionable parking lot activity.
10. Continued to take personal inventory to find that one pair of Bills socks we got in your Christmas stocking when we were 8 years old, and added them to the burn pile.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to try to enjoy watching other teams play football without constantly blurting out “Why the F%#@ can’t the Bills JUST do THAT?!?!”
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other Bills fans, to save them from the same pain and suffering that we have all endured for too damn long!
Your friend in pain,
Join the CBBB every Sunday for all the Bills action! There’s 11 TVs, dedicated sound, and WIngs & Weck. Trivia too…sometimes.
See all >>
BILLS @ JETS
12 PM (1:05 PM KO)
BILLS VS JAGS
12 PM (1:05 PM KO)
TRINITY IRISH PUB
1505 University Ave,
Charlottesville, VA 22903